Super Grannies



This is so fricking cute it’ll make your heart melt into marshmallowy gooey goodness. Photographer Sacha Bada photographs his granny in some seriously cool set ups. With this series he has made super gran a reality, not just an awesome 80's kids TV hit. 


I find it really endearing that he took the time and effort to make his gran feel this special, it's a bonus that his images are so super (sorry about that). Check out the whole series on his siteHere’s a little background: 
“A few years ago, French photographer Sacha Goldberger found his 91-year-old Hungarian grandmother Frederika feeling lonely and depressed. To cheer her up, he suggested that they shoot a series of outrageous photographs in unusual costumes, poses, and locations. Grandma reluctantly agreed, but once they got rolling, she couldn’t stop smiling."

She's an amazing lady. The whole series made me think of the time I spent with my granny and also of a series of photographs I took. My effort was much more pathetic by comparison (damn you Sacha) but I'm really pleased I have them to look back on now. It also should be said that granny was a much less willing accomplice. There is also the argument that she hadn't really any idea what she was doing. It's no wonder she became irritated at my persistence that "these are your actual glasses granny, honestly". She was on to me. Anyhow, enjoy these and I'll sign off before 'Friends of the aged' catch up with me and have me put on some sort elderly abuse offenders list.

No comments: